Saturday 23 September 2017

Book Review: The Keeper of Lost Things

The Keeper of Lost ThingsThe Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“Time for the lovely cup of tea” 

Ruth Hogan's novel was a light and whimsical read, with a much deeper more poignant heart at the centre than you may initially think. The two POV stories were strong and moving, becoming even more so as they interwove and became entangled together in unexpected ways. I also loved the addition of the small snippets of stories belong to the lost objects, they felt like small seeds of stories with potential all on their own. But most of all I loved the exploration of the bonds people form, both to objects and other people.

As a story it really stuck with me, and I felt especially tangled into the Bomber and Eunice narrative. I found the characters warm and believable without ever venturing into saccharine sentimentality for them.

It's truly a beautiful, beating heart of a book.

Buy The Keeper of Lost Things on Amazon.

Post a Comment

© The Purrfect Yarn. Design by FCD.