Monday 29 January 2018

Book Review: The Silent Corner

The Silent Corner (Jane Hawk, #1)The Silent Corner by Dean Koontz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dean Koontz's latest series gets off to a thrilling start, from the first moment to the last page I was hooked!

This is the first book I've read by Koontz, after dismissing his previous books as 'not my cup of tea', but I loved the synopsis I read, and I'm very glad I gave it a chance.

Jane Hawk is a formidable main character, often treading the line of good and bad. She's a complex, and often hard-nosed woman, but I never found it hard to empathise with her. Towards the end of the book, I was really rooting for her to be successful in her crusade.

The only thing I can criticise is the constant reminders of how beautiful Jane is supposed to be. Almost every male character in the book had an opinion on her outward appearance, often making comments about her physical form. I think with the current climate regarding male/female interaction in Hollywood, and life in general the unnecessary comments on Jane's appearance were misjudged and should have been removed.

But, overall I really enjoyed the book - the writing was sharp and thrilling and the story chugged along at an exciting pace, leaving me excited for the next instalment.

View all my reviews

Post a Comment

© The Purrfect Yarn. Design by FCD.