Monday 25 September 2017

Finished Object: Daydreamer


I've been on a shawl binge for almost the whole of 2017, making sure to cast on a new one almost the instant one leaves my needles. So, as soon as I saw Janina Kallio's beautiful Daydreamer it jumped to the top of my Ravelry queue. 

It has been said previously that I may have a bit of an over-fondness for purples - and honestly after looking through my chest of completed shawls, I think I'm guilty as charged. Most of my favourite shawls are purple, with the occasional foray into very lilacy pinks or violetty blues. So after delving into my non-purple stash I pulled out a pair of gorgeous blues.

The rich tones of the Old Maiden Aunt Lon Dubh worked perfectly with the gentle, rolling oceanlike hues of the Malabrigo Aguas and the only blue shawls I had were looking distinctly purplish lately. So, I decided to throw caution (and my usual colour palette!) to the winds and just go for it!

The shawl itself was a wonderfully relaxing knit, with just enough going on to keep my brain interested and steer away from endless swathes of stockinette or garter stitch. I especially enjoyed the eyelet sections, there was something so soothing about the rhythm of them. 

It was ideal TV knitting and I sped along, enjoying each and every stitch and in no time at all I had a lovely finished object.



Even pre-blocking it's a nice generous size and the perfect shape for wrapping around your neck. This shawl has also done a magical thing, I've steered away from my usual grey/black/purple wardrobe into much more cheerful blue tones - all so I can find things to wear with my beautiful new shawl.

So while I'm not quite ready to pack purple away for good - I'm certainly happier to let it rest for a while while I enjoy a rainbow adventure...with maybe pops of purple to keep me happy!

You can view my project on Ravelry here

Post a Comment

© The Purrfect Yarn. Design by FCD.